Friday, September 4, 2009

advertising

Up to today, I had been studying advertising for close to 3 years... and counting.

And I had numerous lecturers telling us sometimes we might have to sell our soul for what we have to do. For money. For economy..? or For the better of everyone.

I still remember the day of my scholarship interview, the guy ask me why do I want to study advertising? I think I give a rather holistic and naive answer then or more like the answer he wanted to hear.

I won't says I will give up on advertising or this industry just because it's not peachy perfect and all. However, I would see this as a challenge on how we can do something great in this industry perhaps even without selling our souls.

Or maybe after all, I'm just being idealistic.

7 comments:

Emily T said...

Haha oh well, but for the love of materialism, someone's gotta do what has to be done. /pats

Anonymous said...

continue with ur dream and hardwork. haha. Bring another new image to the world of advertisement.

sulynn said...

like it or not itll either be you or the next person selling the soul. *hugs
oh life!

陳一豪 said...

I don't sell my soul because I believe in managing peoples' expectations. If the car can't hit 200, don't say it can.

May said...

You have to start developing a passion for it.

The study part; u know u can get through it...although it's a bit harder without me and jnb around. ;p

Pinky Tham said...

em, hahahha thats true. for the love of materialism.

cheng hao, yup! thats the spirit!

su, aww.. perhaps perhaps hahaha i'm too young to sell mine away haha

yh, things not necessary as black and white as that

may, got passion.. hahaha yeah la two in nz one in kl.. how to jnb hahaha

Vince said...

babe...

trust me... you want to be passionate about advertising... malaysia is probably the wrong place to do it


shitty ass long hours... shitty ass pay...

80% of your work is bread and butter stuff...

unless you get a damn nice agency la... where they encourage creative expression...

otherwise... get use to the expression...

'MAHAI... JUS GIVE THE FCKING CLIENTS WHAT THEY WANT'

:)